The skin is composed of millions of hair follicles. You could find these follicles on the face too. The follicles are like tiny pores. Acne forms when hair follicles are clogged with oils, dust, and dead skin cells. Pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads are the different and most common forms of acne. Too much acne on the face often causes emotional distress.
Though treatments are available for acne, they could resurface if you are not taking proper care of your skin and health. Only through the right dietary habits and healthy lifestyle you can prevent acne from resurfacing over and again.
What causes acne?
The skin is vulnerable to several internal and external threats that come in the forms of sebum oil, perspiration, dust particles, dead skins, and loads of bacteria. These agents are sufficient to clog the fine pores or follicles on the skin especially the face. If your body is not immune to these internal and external threats, acne forms over time.
How to protect yourself from acne?
You can take medical support anytime but that doesn’t ensure cent percent prevention of this irritating issue. Here are few tips to prevent acne formation –
- Wash your face with a light soap properly twice daily – a light soap means having a pH level within 6. Washing your face with soap keeps the pores on the skin clean.
- Know your skin type and use skincare products accordingly – if your skin is oily you cannot use skincare products high in natural oils and moisturizers while dry skin can easily habituate with these skincare products. So, knowing the skin type is essential if you habitually use cosmetics and other skincare products.
- Drink sufficient water – Drinking sufficient water helps you stay hydrated. Keep in mind that if you are a victim of regular dehydration the sebaceous glands become hyperactive causing clogged follicles on the skin especially the exposed part of the skin like the face.
- Limit taking makeup – Makeup easily clogs the pores on the face. It’s also hard to clean the makeup products from the base. So, use makeup as minimum as possible. Even when you are using makeup, clean it with warm water and soap.
- Stop squeezing pimples – It may be tempting but control yourself. Those pimples and whiteheads might look odd but squeezing them further aggravate the issue. Popping pimples may increase the infection in the surrounding areas causing more whiteheads and pimples.
Dietary habit for protecting your skin from acne
Dietary habit plays a big part in protecting your skin from acne. Keep in mind that free radicals in the body not only lowers your immunity but also cause acne. You should lower the intake of sugary and fatty foods. These foods and food items bear the traces of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides increase toxic products in the blood and cells. These toxic products try to come out from the body through sebum and sweat causing severe clogging of the pores that are hard to clean. Eat foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Above all, try to habituate with organic foods and skincare products including daily usable soaps and hair oil. Your all-out effort to uproot acne permanently from your life needs the right decisions regarding your lifestyle and dietary habit.