Dry fruits especially nuts such as almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc. are the powerhouse of nutrients and provide several health benefits. All types of dry fruits especially nuts consist of minerals, proteins, fibers, and vitamins. Apart from the delicious taste, dry fruits are highly beneficial for digestion, skin, and overall health.
Types of Dry Fruits
The following are the most common type of dry fruits:
- Dry Figs
- Dry Berries
Nutritional facts of Dry Fruits
Dry fruits consist of ample amount of nutrients such as follows:
- Almond: Almonds are one of the most common dry fruit and one ounce of almond consists of 6 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, 35% of the daily value of Vitamin E, 20% of the daily value of Magnesium, 8% of the daily value of Calcium.
- Pistachios: 1 ounce of organic Pistachios consists of 5.72 grams of proteins, 7.7 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 12.85 grams of fat.
- Cashew: 1 ounce of cashew nut consists of 5 grams of protein, 12 grams of fats, 1 gram of fiber, 9 grams of carbs, 11% of the daily value of iron.
- Apricot: 1 ounce of organic apricot consists of 16.8 calories of energy, 0.49 grams of protein, 0.14 grams of fats, 0.7 grams of fats, 3.89 grams of carbohydrates.
- Dates: 1 date consists of 0.6 grams of fiber, 0.2 grams of protein, 20 calories, 0.14 mg of sodium, 5.3 grams of carbohydrates.
Health Benefits of Dry fruits
Dry fruits come up with several health benefits and they can avoid many diseases. The following are some disease that can cause if you do not take dry fruit in your diet:
- Heart disease: Dry fruits can help you to protect yourself from heart disease. People who do not take dry fruit in their diet have a risk of having heart disease.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Consuming organic dry fruit can help you to reduce the level of blood sugar. 2 ounces of nuts can greatly enhance glycemic control as well as serum lipids in diabetic patients.
- Digestion: Dry fruits especially nuts can treat any kind of intestinal disturbance and thus they can give you relief from constipation.
Why should you use organic cultivation of dry fruit?
Various kinds of harmful chemicals are used in the cultivation of fruits and vegetables such as sulfur dioxide, pesticides, arsenic, fertilizers, etc. which can cause several diseases and permanent damage to organs. In organic cultivation and processing of dry fruits, no chemicals are used and so they do not cause any harm to human health.